Tuesday 24 January 2012

Reely Retro

Ahh.... The old Ryobi ML3.5C's were dug out of the shed last night


These will get a hammering this year....

Last used in 1999 for Pike and bought around 1990? ish when I first got into "serious" carp fishing.

I stripped the 20 or so miles of line off the old girls and set about trying to work out why the freespool click wasn't working on one of them. All sorted now. Just needed a little clean up.

I've got some 8lb and 12lb Daiwa Sensor bulk spools on the way (E Bay - £6.75 each) and I intend to use these reels when i'm fishing bigger fish lakes along with the good old Shimano Traverse X Carp Rods (See? Told you i'm into Retro!). I may even unleash the Optonic Super Compacts if we do any night sessions this year.

I can't see the point in upgrading any of my gear. As long as it's not faulty/broken, then it'll catch fish.... Simple as that really.

My mission for 2012 is to fish regularly with my partner in crime Foxy, make some little comedy fishing videos and put a 20lb carp on the bank. I'm fairly confident we can do this ;)

Thinking of getting a new landing net. My specimen net is looking a wee bit tired these days.

Roll on Sunday - Pray for good weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment