Monday 14 May 2012

13.05.12 - Felthorpe

Early start for Foxy and Paddy. We met at 6am to have a crack at mirror lake.

Within 7 minutes I had my first fish....


An hour (almost to the minute) passed and I was in again.

This fishy didn't want to hang around..... I just had to hold on and hope really.

I was on my 1lb test curve avons and my size 30 Okuma Epix V2's.... 6lb hooklink and a size 12 hook. Such Fun! :)

Eventually I started to gain line. Foxy went for the scales and the big net..... Thank God there aren't many snags in Mirror lake. It's pretty shallow where I fish too - around 3 feet maximum.

I didn't see the fish for what felt like an hour, but after 5 minutes or so, it was heading towards the smaller net.

I managed to squish it in somehow. Foxy commented on its size and then it hit me.... This was a very, very nice looking Common...




Scales out next...



We had to take the net off.... It weighed 1lb 2oz, so the fish was 16lb 14oz - My PB since I began fishing again!



Great picture - Thanks Chris!



It didn't really hit home until i'd returned the bronzed beasty, just how lucky i've been in the past few days. A gorgeous Ghosty and a stunning Common! Still, i've put the hours in so......

All in all, I had 2 Carp and 2 Tench. My day was done by 09.30 or so. I stuck it out until 5pm, but alas it wasn't to be....



I'm getting closer to my goal now.... A 20 will be mine before the end of 2012 :)

I've also bought the Size 40 reels now.... I must be mad, but they're so so good! Bargain price too!

Not sure where or when the next trip will be.... I need to get that 20 in the net ASAP. Then I can concentrate on my next goal.... A 5lb plus Tench...

Tight Lines! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment