Monday 11 June 2012

Shropham 10.06.12


I took my mrs for a nice romantic stroll around a lake in Shropham yesterday.


Wymondham & District Angling Club have the rights to the water and it's £50/year.

There was a match on. We took a meander round. It really was a cracking looking water.

I've scaled it via google maps at approx 900ft long by 370 ft wide at it's widest point.

I met the chap i'd spoken to on the phone and he made us feel very welcome.

We spotted 3 halfway decent commons basking in the sunshine. My guess was 6,8, & 12 ish pounds.

According to another chap I knew who was fishing the match, the carp go to 27lb ish, but there are "only a handful of carp in here"........... Hmmm......

Tench to 8lb and bream to 5-6lbs. Pike too!

I'm tempted, but I can't help but think that the match guys weren't that "busy" whilst we were there.....

I'm getting "hard water" vibes.....

It's on my doorstep though (well, from work anyway) and it really did look most appealing. That doesn't catch fish though does it????

The hunt for a ticket water continues....... bum holes....


No comments:

Post a Comment