Tuesday 17 July 2012

Felthorpe 13/14 July

I awoke on 13th with a strange feeling.... I told my long-suffering other half that I knew that Foxy was going to "catch well this weekend...."

I headed over to foxy towers for around 16.30 and awaited the arrival of the podgemobile....

We were down at mirror lake and wetting our baits by 6pm ish.

Foxy Kicked off with a pretty little 7lb mirror


Foxy is taller than this I assure you......

Pretty little fish. Lovely scale pattern.

Around 10.30pm, my prediction came true. Chris was away from his rods and a steady bleeping caught my attention.... I wandered over and struck into something that didn't really feel too smart if i'm honest.

I called for foxy and he came rumbling down the bank with mucho gusto. I handed the rod to him and he was away on one of the most exciting battles of his life (so far)

After a 15 minuteish scrap a 19lb 1oz Common graced the net.... Much backslapping and handshaking all round....



After a scrap with the camera, we got a few shots and then weighed up and carefully  returned the beast to fight another day.... We've since been told by Charlotte that the fish is known as "scar", due to some old scale damage on the right hand side near the tail...

So... Foxy goes from a PB of 14 odd pounds to 19! Well done boyo! He was a total pro and played the fish perfectly.

I had a gorgeous Mirror in the early hours. Nothing like a screaming optonic to wake you up! I've not got a photo of it...yet. I'll have to ask foxy to mail it to me.... This trip has restored my faith in night fishing.... It was also my first fish on the Okuma 55's and old Silstar Traverse X Rods (old, but I love 'em!)

Stop Press!!! Foxy has sent me the picture of my Mirror. Look at the size of those fins! Mahoosive!
Lovely scale pattern too.


This Little Blighter Went Like ATrain!

An poorly optonic had me up in the early hours. It was signalling a run when there was nothing of the sort.... It was heaving it down though, so I guess it was water ingress. The alarm has since died, but more on that in another blog soon! (Optonic Repair Special!)

 We had a great weekend. Found a pretty tidy 635 BMW in the woods, got covered in slug slime, perfected the Half Nelson DDT rig and ate carbonised bacon..... a textbook lad's weekend for sure!

Bring on the next trip.......







No comments:

Post a Comment